Solar lights are LED diode based lights powered by Sun. They include a PV panel, LED lamps, a battery, a charge controller and in some cases an inverter. During daytime, the sun charges the battery via the PV panel. At dark, the solar lamp lights up automatically and stays on as long as the battery charge level permits. The charge controller follows the battery's charge level and makes sure it is not damaged by either overcharging or fully draining it. A cool thing about solar lights is that they don't require any wires so they are pretty easy to install or to move around to another location if you need to.
Solar lights usually come in one piece and are quite affordable at $20 a piece on average. You can choose between a static color of the light or dynamically changing light color and intensity. Don't buy cheap ones as they don't last long.
- Equipped with 102 LED lights
- High luminosity (1500 lumens)
- Thanks to 3 LED lamps on each side covers 270-degree lighting
- Rainproof, can withstand harsh weather conditions
- Turn on automatically at dark
- Motion detector
- Package Dimensions: 12.1 x 3.8 x 3.2 inch (31 x 10 x 8 cm)
- Weight: 2 pounds (0.9 kg)
- Material: ABS plastic
Litom 102 gives a very bright light. It can be mounted above the porch or the garage gate, can be used for backyard, patio or even an RV lighting. The recommended mounting height is 5.6 - 6.6 ft (1.7 - 2 m). After the battery is charged under the sunlight Litom 102 Solar Light has 3 operating modes at dark:
- Bright Light Mode: a bright light turns on and stays up for 4-6 hours if fully charged
- Dim Light Mode: a dim light turns on. When motion is detected up to 26 ft (8 m) distance away it changes to bright and stays bright for 20 seconds before returning to dim mode.
- Motion Sensor Mode: stays turned off at dark and only turns on if a motion is detected. Stays on for 20 seconds.
|Responsive customer service||The mode switch is on the back side. Not convenient to change switch position after mounting|
|A broad range of coverage|
- Turns on automatically at sunset
- Reminiscent of the classic streetlights
- Weatherproof design
- Brightness: 14 Lumen
- Includes: 1 outdoor light with 12 LED diodes, 3 rechargeable batteries
- Package Dimensions: 80" x 8.75" x 8.75" (203 x 22.2 x 22.2 cm)
- Weight: 13.1 pounds (6 kg)
- Material: Cast-aluminium
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty
Sterno Home outdoor solar light fits ideally for lighting your patio, backyard, walkways, driveway or porch. Dubbed "Paradise" by the manufacturer, this outdoor solar light has amorphous solar cells on its top. Solar cells recharge the built-in batteries and provide a warm ambient light at nights at no any cost to you. Though it looks like a traditional lamppost it employs modern solar-powered 12 LEDs that output 14 lumen glow. The sturdy metallic case has a black, rust-resistant finish and clear plastic lenses. Paradise solar light doesn't require bulb replacement, providing you with a true maintenance-free operation.
|Withstands storms if mounted properly||Not really bright|
|Blends nicely with the environment|
- Automatically turns on at dusk and stays on till the dawn
- Includes 3 LEDs each mimics a warm flick of a flame
- Adds a stylish touch to poolsides, patios, gardens, decks, pathways, etc
- Natural bamboo-color finish
- Adjustable height with poles (up to 5 ft tall)
- Includes 4 x 2 Ni-Cd batteries
- Package Dimensions: 6.5" x 6.5" x 17.2" (16.5 x 16.5 x 43.7 cm)
- Weight: 3 pounds (1.4 kg)
- Warranty: 30 days
Newhouse Lighting torches create the perfect island atmosphere. The 3 LED lights inside each torch are enclosed behind a frosted lens. One of the 3 lights flickers, making an impression of a dim fire. The internal batteries charge during the day and the "torch" switches on at dusk. These solar lights are made of durable polycarbonate making it weatherproof while retaining the natural bamboo look. Using the included 3 poles and the ground foot stakes you can adjust its height to your liking. As it runs on sun's power, no wiring is needed. Just install it under a direct sunshine and remove the battery sheaths and you are all set to go. The set includes 4 torches and 8 batteries.
|When worn out batteries can be replaced with 2000mAh batteries for a brighter light||The finish can fade after a year of exposure under the sun|
|Lasts for 1500 recharges (3+ years)||A separately purchased rebar mat may be needed to give it a sturdy standing|
- Glass lens
- Metal ground stakes
- Made of bronze
- Star-shaped light pattern
- Includes an AA 600mAh rechargeable battery
- Package Dimensions: 12.3" x 8.8" x 7.2" (31 x 22.3 x 18.3 cm)
- Weight: 5.05 lbs (2.3 kg)
Enchanted Spaces solar path light differs from other outdoor solar lights in that its ground stakes (1" in diameter) are made of metal while the lens is made of glass. It's important to note that the case itself is made of a plastic, only the stakes are metallic. The overall height of this light is 16" (41 cm) of which 4" (10 cm) is below the ground. The light pattern on the ground resembles a star shape. These lights are designed to last for years. If the batteries wear out you can contact the manufacturer for a replacement. The solar module on the top recharges the embedded batteries.
|Metal stakes||Short stakes|
- Replaceable batteries
- Package Dimensions: 17.5" x 12.3" x 7.4" (44.5 x 31.2 x 18.8 cm)
- Weight: 3.04 lbs (1.4 kg)
- Includes a 1000 mAh rechargeable battery
- "Lifetime replacement guarantee"
SolarGlow solar garden lights are great for your garden, patio, porch or pathways. They give off a bright light of 10 Lumens. It's ready to work out-of-the-box. Just stick it where you need more lighting using the sharp stake. It's easy to move it to a new location if you decide so. If the solar module on its top gets full sunshine during the day it holds up for 8-hour lighting at night.
|Excellent customer service||More like an accent light|
|Replaceable batteries||Hollow plastic stakes|
|Easy to assemble|